Prawning and the rain

jtp

Hi everyone,

Just had a question regarding the rain and its effect on prawning. Bad? good? no effect? Was planning on going to the entrance or windang over the weekend but because of the drive a bit hesitant given how much rain we've had.

Thanks!

Joe

Thanks mate. Found them. I think I will try my luck anyway tonight and see how we go.

Forget it Joe. There's too much water for prawning. Too deep. Maybe next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget it Joe. There's too much water for prawning. Too deep. Maybe next weekend.

+1

Not worth it with that much water. Went yesterday and did fish instead. Had a look in few buckets and the most I saw at midnight was 15 prawns...

Thanks for the info fellas. I ended up going windang given the conditions at the entrance and a report from my local tackle shop that the water was ok still at illawarra. Water is not too murky. But very few prawns. Managed around 50 prawns lol but not of any good size. It's kind of sad when you can actually count the number of prawns caught. Fished a little while waiting for the runout tide and managed 3 whiting that were probably just legal all thrown back.

Thanks for the advice, maybe try my luck at the entrance another time.

Thanks for the info fellas. I ended up going windang given the conditions at the entrance and a report from my local tackle shop that the water was ok still at illawarra. Water is not too murky. But very few prawns. Managed around 50 prawns lol but not of any good size. It's kind of sad when you can actually count the number of prawns caught. Fished a little while waiting for the runout tide and managed 3 whiting that were probably just legal all thrown back.

Thanks for the advice, maybe try my luck at the entrance another time.

Yes I have done that myself plenty of times. Start with a prawn cocktail and work my way up to a sandwich.

The next time will be Friday January 29th for 7 nights. Try to fit that one in.

Cheers Steve.