Lithium Ion Batteries

Stapo

18650. Just a tip on these type of batteries. I've used them now for 4 years in my underwater torches.

You need to be careful with them as some types can over charge and be dangerous.

The ones I buy now have a safety feature built in but they are a bit longer so they might not fit your equipment.

The most important thing is the charger. The good ones prevent overcharging and shut down when fully charged otherwise you would need to monitor it and turn it off when done.

Always read your manual and specs for your specific equipment. 08f8704fa777e5d977ea49b183e0f6c4.jpg

You can see in the picture the pink one does not have the safety feature.

Now I'm sure there is a lot more to be said by smarter people than me but my tip is read your manual and don't buy the cheapest online.

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice Steve,

Lithium batteries are capable of very high discharge currents and the cheaper ones tend to be without internal over overload protection and they can also compromise on the

qualityof insulation between the plates in the actual construction which can make them more susceptible to short circuit and explosion if they are damaged.

It is certainly true that you rarely have the best price and the best quality in one product so, in the case of one that represents a potential danger I would never compromise and select a known quality brand.

Stay safe people.

Cheers

Jim