Crab shaped SP's

Ivo

Hey guys, was just wondering as to how effective you think crab shaped SP's are when compared to say a grub, wriggler etc. Was mainly asking as they don't get the press as much as say gulp pumkinseed wrigglers :1prop: Also how would you go about rigging them for esturary work? I have seen some with a double hook rigging? I can only see this working if you can fish wieghtless.

Thanks for your advice :D

Best crab imitation I've seen for a little while is the river2sea or crankacrab. I can pick up a pack of two river2sea crabs already rigged with doubles in them for $15 which is pretty good. 11c79bde1acb8784726978733664d6d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks alot! Will check out the videos :)

cranka crab or somethign i think - i have 2 sets - i havnt had a chance to use mine (bottom of tackle box and have forgot)

i think they would be hard to keep on the bottome and move based on there weight - next time im in a tidle lake or river i am going to cast it out on a slow drift and let the drift move it alone the bottom -

i gues wil have a similar effect as a nipper or somthing

cranka crab or somethign i think - i have 2 sets - i havnt had a chance to use mine (bottom of tackle box and have forgot)

i think they would be hard to keep on the bottome and move based on there weight - next time im in a tidle lake or river i am going to cast it out on a slow drift and let the drift move it alone the bottom -

i gues wil have a similar effect as a nipper or somthing

The river2sea ones I have pictured above are pretty similar to the crankacrabs. I've been finding it effective by a very slow roll along a weed bed. I also think hopping it along a rock wall or hole would come up trumps too.

• 3 weeks later...

I went out yesterday and because of this thread and because I had seen a few crustaceans in fish I had caught recently I put on a Brekley Crabbie that had been in my tackle box for ages. I pulled into my first spot at 6:30 am and chucked the plastic out then turned to put some bait on the other rod. Before I can even even cut the bait boof - the plastic is hit hard. Minutes later I am the proud owner of a really nice 50cm flathead! I'd love to say that this continued all morning, but that was the only legal fish I caught all morning. The chopper tailor were out in force and kept picking the wiggly little legs of the plastic. Conclusion- if a crab shaped sp land in front of a flattie it will eat it :)