Massive Syd Harbour Kingfish verification?

plankton

Ha yeh! I made the Central Coast Express a few months back (with photo..) with. 2.2kg muddie......catch of a lifetime, but last week they reported (no photo) a 6kg model.....!!!!! Research tells me they max out towards 3kg.....SENSATIONALIST MEDIA....!

post-869-0-63457400-1452985750_thumb.jpg

only comment i can make on this is that Ive had some massive baits out around Sydney heads that i couldn't even begin to stop the fish on 100lb braid with 120 mono leader. They could potentially be sharks but the fights were very kingfish like. in other words it was all of about 5 seconds until i was completely bricked. i doubt this report is true but there could certainly be fish in excess of 20kg lurking around remembering that most of the fish that make it past about 15kg are rarely caught.

yeah I couldn't agree more, you are way more likely to get busted off by the really big ones

Does anyone live bait at Northerners for kingies anymore? We never managed to pull a big kingie out of there, but not from a lack of trying, We only landed smaller ones up to 8kg. The bigger ones were unstoppable on 80lb, they'd just run us into the reef and bust us off everytime. We mainly used live yakkas but would prefer sea pike or small bonito if we could get our hands on them. We hooked kings there that took 3lb bonnies. Some might have been sharks but I would say most of them were big kings.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Back in the 80's I was doing second job at Macs Bait and Tackle, Toms Uglys bridge at Blakehurst!

It used to be a real giggle when the Daily Telegraph would would call the store and the boss would say

"Where are we sending them all this week!

If his name was Pinocchio he whould have been in DEEP POO!

Media dosnt lie!!!!

JD