Dollie tackle

will_l

Hi,

I'm going out on a fishing charter soon and we are chasing dollies so I'm thinking about possibly bringing my light king setup but wondering if it would be too light for mahi mahi? It's a raider SP 6-8kg with a stradic 4000 and 15lb braid mainline. Would I stand a chance against any dollies? Sorry I don't know much about them.

Thanks a lot,

Will

That outfit is the same as what I use at the fads. 20lb fluorocarbon leader and 5/0 circle with live baits. Knocked some good dollies over with it. Also

Managed to stay attached to a nice little black with it for over 20 mins until the leader failed. Probably more due to the aggressive driving of the skipper than the outfit or angling skill. That bugger never got more than 35m from the boat.

Good luck and enjoy.

Cheers guys, thats good to know that I could handle a few average dollies. Save's me from being tempted to buy an outfit id use once or twice.

Thats pretty amazing you could stay on a marlin on 15lb line. I guess thicker line's then say 30lb? main benefit (unless your specifcally aiming for marlin, sharks etc) is really only worthwhile for trying not to get cut off in reefs?