Narrabeen Lake Blackfish

DYMAN

Hi all, after yesterday my mate and myself decided for a more relaxed and a less hectic day of fishing so we headed to Narrabeen Lakes for bit of a fish, there was plenty around and was almost a down a cast for while until the tide was half in then they stopped biting. Took a quick happy snap of the fish and then they were all released to fight another day.

post-37957-0-88984000-1453009212_thumb.jpg

That's a serious haul. Better than the tiddlers I caught with the kids at Wimbledon Ave this arvo! Nice work. Any tips for blackfish in the lake? Float with weed?

We couldn't find any weed mate so the secret weapon was cabbage off a rock platform, we get the longer stuff and tear it lightly down the centre then weave it on similar as you would do a weed bait under a float, used to do this years ago when the weed is scarce, all depends how hungry they're on the day too I suppose :-)

That's a nice haul there DYMan! Would have been busy time between catching and netting!

We were standing waste deep in water and we each had a small landing net each, save arguments if someone is to slow with the net :-)

That's pretty dedicated . . . waist deep.

A good idea about a small net each, gives you a bit more independance.

Nice to see another luderick fisherman posting his successed, a few that used to post regularly seem to have left or maybe are experiencing a drought.

Top result on the blackfish both days, weed should not be a problem living on the northern beaches. I got a bucket full of top weed up there today when I took my Mrs on a day out to Palm Beach and I checked out a number of spots that I've got weed from in the past. The harbour is a bit hit and miss. One day we will bag out and the next day in the same location nothing with the black trevally swarming after our baits and not allowing the blackfish a look in. Some times it pays not to burley them in.

Howsy

Edited by Howsy

Top result on the blackfish both days, weed should not be a problem living on the northern beaches. I got a bucket full of top weed up there today when I took my Mrs on a day out to Palm Beach and I checked out a number of spots that I've got weed from in the past. The harbour is a bit hit and miss. One day we will bag out and the next day in the same location nothing with the black trevally swarming after our baits and not allowing the blackfish a look in. Some times it pays not to burley them in.

Howsy

Hi Howsy, Just curious about how deep you are fishing if you can see the Black Trevally? I have only ever caught them while rockfishing, I have caught plenty of Surgeons when I used to fish the Harbour but never a Black Trevally.

Hi Howsy, Just curious about how deep you are fishing if you can see the Black Trevally? I have only ever caught them while rockfishing, I have caught plenty of Surgeons when I used to fish the Harbour but never a Black Trevally.

We caught a couple on weed and were being baited all the time on downs without hookups. These spiky bastards sting like hell if you get spiked by one. My fishing buddy Poohbear can verify this fact.

We caught a couple on weed and were being baited all the time on downs without hookups. These spiky bastards sting like hell if you get spiked by one. My fishing buddy Poohbear can verify this fact.

Not being rude, but he can`t be the most intelligent person to pick one of those up?

Guest hawkesbass

Nice DYMAN very productive session and nice to see another dedicated luderick fisherman on fishraider.

Edited by hawkesbass