Bass lures for lake st Clair

perch

Hi I was out a lake st clair yesterday and only had luck on 2 bass on unweighted yabbies and I was using Tassie devils which work in my local river squidgies with spinner blade things on them.there was plenty of fish on the sounder around snags and in deep water but didnt bite even on yabbies and is there any good lures for yellow belly.

i have fished lake st clair a few times, have had success in two main ways, either trolling deep diving hardbodies like taylor mades and stump jumpers (but there are heaps of options) or casting at the weed beds with blades or bibless vibes. the good old soft plastic with a spinner works well but you need to up the weight of the jig head to get down into the strike zone.

hope this helps

From what I've been told try to pick colours around the green and red or purples. Was camping there during a comp a few years back and literally every pro team had either purple or green and red lures exclusively. I imagine the ecogear blades would do great here, the shrimp shaped ones with the stinger assist hooks I mean. Definitely gets you in the strike zone nice and fast and what doesn't eat shrimp right!?

Thanks guys we went a while ago and only had heaps yabbies and one shrimp from the river we all had yabbies on and then my cousin threw a shrimp on and I got smashed by a 50 cm bass

And I was using a purple stump jumper