High speed threadline

Blurter

I have been out of the fishing scene for too many years.

Now with retirement I am hoping to get back into it.

In the past I used to use a Mitchell 489 for high speed spinning. It still works (and has a fantastic modified drag) but has lots of rattles and bangs.

What would be a suitable replacement? I am looking primarily for speed, followed by good drag, robustness and price.

I used a seascape for spinning many years ago against guys using a 499? with manual pick up..Memories . I now have 2 5500 Ultegra ci4 Shimano reels for beach and spinning .Long cast spool. 109 c/m per turn of the handle and 15 kg drag It has a unique spool drag bait runner system. And comes with 2 spare spools with spacers so you don't have to fill the big spools with excessive amounts of lighter line. Super light and smooth. Have a close loom at one there good!

I use the Daiwa Saltist 4500h. 6.2 Ratio so 120 cm per turn. 10kg drag but better if you upgrade to the carbon drag washers. This baby flies. Good price on special $230 holds heaps of 30lb. Other reel is a Stradic FJ 5000 also goes hard. Much lighter than the Saltist.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk