Port Stephens Fishing Charter

longy509

HI im heading up to Port Stephens for 10 days next week and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some decent fishing charted operations that only take a few people out at a time im not really interested in marlin more after snapper/kingfish maybe some dolphin fish any info would be great.

PM.s only

Cheers,

Longy

Hey mate, there are no really charters up here that cater for small groups and target what your looking for. Atm, you've either got the marlin boats working or you can do the bottom bash thing. The other alternative is to hire your own boat and go out for the day. If this is an option to you, I'll give you as many gps marks you want!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie iv got my own boat its a 5.4m allycraft i only make it to salt water once a year if im lucky so im not that experienced up there that's why i thought if i could get out on a smaller kind of fishing charter i could pick up a few tips,

If you could help me out with any advice on what i would be best targeting and where this time of year that would be awesome.

Cheers

Your boat is plenty to get you to broughton island but offshore boating is about confidence and experience. If you tried trolling the islands out the front of the heads would be a good start. Plenty of snapper and kings about up broughton. Best spots, sisters, north rock and cod rock. Live bait at cabbage tree n/w corner.

The bay itself, try the wreck at corlette or steps at fame cove for jew. The breakwall early morning for kings. Flatty at any of the beaches on the eastern side of soldiers in 3-5m water. Look for the drop offs.

If you do go to broughton, look for a 1.2m or less swell and 10knots or less wind. In the summer afternoons the nor'easter really kicks in so it will be on your tail on the way home.

Hope that helps.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers Scatchie just checking willyweather the wind and swell seem to be easing up towards the end of the week il leave my broughton mission until then in the mean time i might just have a poke around the bay and try and collect some squid and maybe a few flatties might even try drifting the break wall for a king if i can get myself up out of bed early enough