Harbour 15/2/16

mitchie18092

Got an invite on a mates boat to try for Jews in the harbour.

Plan was to spend a few hours gathering bait and to fish the 9pm tide change.

Unfortunately things didn't really go our way.

The squid were non existent, even in what looked to be perfect conditions for them. Only managed an Arrow and a green eye over about 4 hours. We grabbed a few yakkas as well for back up and headed over to our spot.

Slightly apprehensive in the afternoon due to the cloud cover and wind, the sunset brought with it a beautiful glassed out harbour and ideal conditions to wait out for some Jew.

As it was, the fishing didn't quite match the conditions, and the going was pretty tough. Over about 2-3 hours of fishing our spot all we managed were a million eels, a solid bream and this monster.

26ada7090336e05774d130440b0d29c3.jpg

Didn't measure him due to it being a protected species, and just wanted to get him back in the water. Was nearly as big as I was though!! He took a live yakka for those who were wondering...

Did have another nice run on a big juicy squid head, but it dropped as I went to set the hook.

We did mark what looked to be some nice fish on the bottom, but it just wasn't happening.

Looking forward to another crack over the weekend - hopefully the high tide change will prove more productive than the low.

Tight lines everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk