Suitable drummer stick

Rockfish josh

Hey raiders. First post here, long time lurker though.

I'm looking at getting into some drummer fishing this year and I'm looking for a suitable low mount rod. I'll be using an Alvey 650a5 on it. Budget isn't really an issue. I was looking at maybe an FSU 4120. I'm after a 10 footer as I don't like 12 foot rods on the stones that much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Josh

Mate,

If you can still find that blank 10 out of 10

Best 15 to 20 pound blank there has been IMO for that style fishing -> ever made.

Some one drove over my legend of a rod a few years ago. Forever off the Christmas card list!

Please let me know if you find one

JD.

Yes there is 6 wrap. But even the 4120 in the FSU range is rated 8-10kg I'm pretty sure and the 5120 is something like 10-15kg. The FSU are a bit different to the MT rods where as an MT 6 wrap is only 6-8 kg and a slower action. I do have an MT 6144 Wilson rod but I just don't like how it's 12 ft for the rocks.

A well known Northern Beaches rock and beach guide uses this FSU6120 with 7inch ALVEY reel spooled with 25-37kg Line These are the newer carbon fibre rods Dont confuse them With the old fibreglass! Josh have a look at the link I sent you ,and look at the rod rating.

I have 2 mt7144M There was a H also, which I use off the beach with 650c5 Alvey reels. I did a lot of spinning off the rocks years ago with a 6 to 1 Seascape and an mt8144 . I had an 8120 which I built also, but lost it when I got washed off the rocks. you guys are bringing back a lot of memories!!