My new TABS

tiimmaahh

Hey Raiders,

I've already posted photos in the members gallery but I wanted to share some thoughts with prospective buyers.

I wanted a boat so that I wouldn't be limited to mates boats (that had a family to look after and me wanting to go fishing every weekend) that I could take offshore and also get into estuaries. So after copious amounts of research I decided to go a Formosa 455 SC which would fit under the garage doors. I then rang my local Suzuki dealer regarding servicing costs (the Formosa dealer wasn't local) and he asked whether I considered the TABS. I said I did and the cost was over budget and it would be too long to reverse into my garage (i kinda live on a mainish road. He went through a few questions and finally we got to the point where the TABS 4800 Territory Pro was within budget, garage door height, reverse-able and available immediately. I go have a look with tape measure in hand and was initially astounded at the size, albeit tight with the height. I asked my local garage door guy whether I can raise the doors and he said yes, and it was done that day. Signed the paperwork at the dealership for the boat and I am now in possession of the TABS. Took it out for a test run with a couple of mates last week and from initial reports the boat is great and motor quiet. Haven't fished from it yet - booked in for early Saturday, reports to follow

I just wanted to share with guys that are thinking of buying a boat that you need to think about what you want the boat to do and whether it will fit in/through your garage. Just do some thorough research; and I mean THOROUGH before you buy. It's really confusing going with different boat/motor manufacturers, but make sure you have a dealer close by. And also consider if you require aftermarket things like fenders (don't wanna scratch the painted sides), first aid kit, O/S safety gear and fish finder/GPS etc. All the aftermarket stuff adds up and will ruin your budget.

If you see me on on the water, say g'day, and happy fishing/boating to all.

Cheers,

Tim.

post-37685-0-16068700-1456316115_thumb.jpg

post-37685-0-06975500-1456316155_thumb.jpg

post-37685-0-11628000-1456316197_thumb.jpg