Leaving an aluminium boat in the water for 4 days

phill81

Hi guys, just hoping for a bit of wisdom from people who have owned boats longer than me. I am planning to be spending 4 days/3nights in Pittwater and am wondering whether its wise to leave my 5.4 metre quinntrex in the water for the whole time. Will there be problems without flushing the engine for 4 days and without any antifouling, what will the hull be like after that long. Any advice would be much appreciated.

It will be fine, just use the engine daily or give it a run. Hull will be fine too, you may have a scum line on the boat when you pull it out which can be cleaned off with detergent and a brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by trizzo

I put my Quintrex into the water for a week at a stretch 2-3 times a year and as was said above the only significant issue is you will attract a scum line. Generally you can rub this off by hand when cleaning the hull after the trip, but I often use a car wash solution as well.

I do give the motor a good flush out as soon as I take it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Tastee

I agree with tastee. I've had my stacer in water a few times over the year for extended weekends. Good wash on the way home and extended engine flush. I did raise the motor out of the water when not using it and have had no other concerns.

Ric.

I agree with tastee. I've had my stacer in water a few times over the year for extended weekends. Good wash on the way home and extended engine flush. I did raise the motor out of the water when not using it and have had no other concerns.

Ric.

Raising the engine out of the water whilst the boat is on the water is a good point. This also reduces your boats profile to the current, meaning less drag on your anchor or mooring line. I always do this and also turn off the power bus, only leaving the bilge active when the boat is unattended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Tastee