Small Tailors

Agent X

Didnt do well for my quiz last evening, Murphy was at work again...

So I thot I'd see if he'll join me for a short session this morning. Brought the #7 out as usual, and added a few drops of tuna oil onto the trustee camou-clouser for rust-prevention.....

Didnt take long for the first strike to happen... as usual, only a small one. And Im starting to suspect that the biggies are somewhere else.

A few shots and he's swimming again.

fishing363.jpg

fishing365.jpg

Things got really quiet after that and I tried another corner... a few casts later, another small one came on.

fishing367.jpg

But as I was unhooking the fly, I thought I saw a grub like thing inside it's mouth...a closer look made me realised that they've been feeding on him instead... what are these disgusting things anyway? Any marine biologists in da house?

fishing371.jpg

I decided to do a good deed and removed the 2 unwelcomed guests... and waddaya know, someone's gonna be a mama soon... bad news for tailors...

fishing375.jpg

No wonder they never grow big....

X-out

Didnt do well for my quiz last evening, Murphy was at work again...

So I thot I'd see if he'll join me for a short session this morning. Brought the #7 out as usual, and added a few drops of tuna oil onto the trustee camou-clouser for rust-prevention.....

Didnt take long for the first strike to happen... as usual, only a small one. And Im starting to suspect that the biggies are somewhere else.

A few shots and he's swimming again.

fishing363.jpg

fishing365.jpg

Things got really quiet after that and I tried another corner... a few casts later, another small one came on.

fishing367.jpg

But as I was unhooking the fly, I thought I saw a grub like thing inside it's mouth...a closer look made me realised that they've been feeding on him instead... what are these disgusting things anyway? Any marine biologists in da house?

fishing371.jpg

I decided to do a good deed and removed the 2 unwelcomed guests... and waddaya know, someone's gonna be a mama soon... bad news for tailors...

fishing375.jpg

No wonder they never grow big....

X-out

71212[/snapback]

Agent X they are called Doctors.

Have a look at the link to a previous thread on these.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...?showtopic=7719

Cheers

Trev

Guest Jocool

Can't wait to catch my first on fly....Even if it is a small tailor. :thumbup:

I honestly don't think the doctor is harmful to the fish. I wouldn't bother pulling them out.

Good one X, tailor are good fun on fly, they love clousers.  BTW, nice rod there, Sage are quality.

Joe,

Narrabeen Lakes got a heap of choppers, bring a couple of clousers, or all have some on social day.

71228[/snapback]

Thanks for identifying the Doctors guys.... those things gives me the hibbidajibbies... dont know man, it seems to me that they're sucking the living daylights outta that small tailor... i definitely wouldnt like to have those in my mouth if I were a chopper.... and those guys were gripping really tight too...

Narra, the Xi was my first serious rod since the day I started chucking feathers... it's quite an all round rod. Many of me mates have since gone on to the STSs, XTRs, B2Xs, TCRs etc etc... but I'm trucking along just fine...

Really looking forward to the social... I've never been to Narrabeen before... should be fun! And we'll make sure Joe gets his first fish on fly :)

Guest bluecod
Really looking forward to the social... I've never been to Narrabeen before... should be fun! And we'll make sure Joe gets his first fish on fly :)

71259[/snapback]

Damn right! Ken and I have had hours of hoots there before.

BTW Agent X that certainly looks like a well used fly reel - not particularly well maintained, but well used nonetheless :074::074:

BTW Agent X that certainly looks like a well used fly reel - not particularly well maintained, but well used nonetheless  :074:  :074:

71271[/snapback]

Well, sad to say, I'm a real slacker when it comes to gear maintenance... the stripper guidefoots are starting to rust alittle as well...

That reel was actually my first ever fly reel that I paired with a Shimano Chameleon... it has seen plenty of action... from Barramundi to Milkfish... still going strong when even when Lamsons got their (sealed) drags burnt.... and Charltons got their gear teeth worn out :biggrin2: And it only costs a fraction of the big names.... :1prop: