I have a confession to make...

fragmeister

Price matey, but something cheap would be cheap for a reason lol. Hope all repairs are done quickly and woth quality. Be well mate

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Seems crazy though doesn't it?

How can they justify those parts prices.

I found out to day when I got the car back that they have to replace the retractable blind thing that covers up the

contents of the boot area. ( what are those things called?)

It was $1100 ....OMG!

This is my third Jeep and I have never had to do anything to them except for services so I have never encountered the parts prices.

Touch wood have never forgotten my Bungs. I have however launched without holding onto my guide rope. Had to jump in and swim after my vessel as it happily drifted out from the ramp. Then had to get back in the car sopping wet to go park the trailer.

+1 for the bungs...last week I was targetting jacks alongside a marina when the wind picked up and I forgot where I'd put the paddle down...fifteen minutes of sheer panic as I hand paddled against the wind back to the marina.

Could be a stupid question but would it be worth looking at the wreckers for parts Jim?

Well, I have finally gotten up the courage to admit something ...

Its hard to admit when you have been a complete idiot.

Here goes...

Last week I hooked up the boat to the back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland... (it's about 3 months old).

It was about 3pm in the afternoon and just as I was hitching up the boat the kids came home from school so I had a quick chat with them before I left. I was in a hurry but I thought I did all my trailer checks before I left as I have done a hundred times before but obviously I didn't...

As I exited the driveway I heard a loud noise and looked in my rear view mirror to see the boat had leaped off the coupling and the safety chain had just taken up the slack propelling it back towards my car.

The bow of the boat hit the rear windscreen shattering it and the boat bounced off the car and of course the trailer draw bar ended up on the ground. Closer inspection saw that the front steps I had installed to gain easy access down from the bow had punched a hole through the bumper bar.

Felt like an idiot at the time and still do really.

Got some help from the neighbors to put it back on... taped up the window with a clear sheet of plastic and went fishing anyway!

The next day I took the boat to the smash repairs to assess the damage. $2800 for the windscreen and $2300 for the bumper bar.

OUCH! Did it under insurance of course but even full comprehensive doesn't cover my injured pride.

There, I've done it. I know I am an idiot. Go easy on me boys!

Cheers

Jim

Ouch, sorry to hear mate, youve a bad run Lately so its due for good turn around

+1 for the bungs...last week I was targetting jacks alongside a marina when the wind picked up and I forgot where I'd put the paddle down...fifteen minutes of sheer panic as I hand paddled against the wind back to the marina.

Could be a stupid question but would it be worth looking at the wreckers for parts Jim?

Not problem buddy. The car is only a few months old and it was all done under the insurance policy.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by fragmeister

Ouch, sorry to hear mate, youve a bad run Lately so its due for good turn around

Thanks Basil

Had worse mate ... In the overall scheme of things it was just a minor inconvenience ... Still got the fishing trip in!

Cheers

Jim

YEP a few times not just once!

another one I am guilty of.. New boat maiden voyage SO EXCITED towed boat from Campbeltown to Kyeemagh launched boat parked car only to find I had no boat keys. Boat back on trailer & home we go trip cancelled.

If only i get a dollar every-time i forgot something and yes including bungs

I too have done most of the above, particularly forgetting to drop the trailer hitch off the locking lug and having it jump off at the first bump. My scorecard is bungs 1, me nil; trailer hitch 3, me nil. No mistakes for 2 years now so happy with that.

My luckiest moment is a little trivial but possibly expensive. When we camp up north each Christmas I pull the boat out of the water the day before we leave so we can pack up the tent and go the next morning. I leave the Electric attached and locked onto the boat that night. I then unlock it and pack it in the boat on top of the camping gear - last thing I pack. The year before last when I did this I stupidly sat the Minn-Kota locking bracket on the winch (actually dropped through the winch bracket luckily) as I put it away and forgot to retrieve it before I left. An hour into the trip home I remembered it and stopped to find it was still sitting where I left it. God knows how much a replacement would have cost!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk