Just purchased my first boat need second battery wired up any one interested?

Danielwarson

Hi guys hope all is well, 2 days ago I purchased my first boat half cabin 70hp Yamaha I bought a battery from bcf today for $250 and now have a spare bosh battery that came with the boat just wondering if anyone could hook both battery's up one for the motor and one for cabin lights etc? Somebody who can work at home and will pay whatever asking price.. Would just rather pay an honest person who wouldn't mind helping out then somebody who will probably charge me $1000 thank u guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its not too hard.

draw yourself a picture

Get a 1 2 both off switch , a busbar and a couple of inline fuses or circuit breakers.

Calculate how much power you will be drawing and buy marine copper

and fuses to match.

For me, the hard bit was being able to crawl around the boat. 40+ years of football

(soccer) has taken it toll)

So maybe take a picture of the top of your batteries. Hopefully one says something

CCA650 or higher,and the other says DeepCycle 120AMP/Hours

You already have the battery that came with the boat installed right and you are wanting to add a second one?

I would wire it different to above.

Use a dedicated start battery, the one that's fitted.

Run all electronics, light, bait pumps etc etc off the 2nd battery.....house battery.

Run a switch for the start battery and a switch for the house battery, best redundancy practice is to also run an ' emergency Parrallel' switch, allows you to join both batteries together.

We can supply switches, and if you discuss and do a bit of measuring, we can supply custom length cables and terminals all ready to bolt in

Edited by Ian Bat (Roadrunner Parts)

I would wire it different to above.

Use a dedicated start battery, the one that's fitted.

Run all electronics, light, bait pumps etc etc off the 2nd battery.....house battery.

Run a switch for the start battery and a switch for the house battery, best redundancy practice is to also run an ' emergency Parrallel' switch, allows you to join both batteries together.

We can supply switches, and if you discuss and do a bit of measuring, we can supply custom length cables and terminals all ready to bolt in

Are you near Liverpool Catholic Club ?