Del Rio Classic

moonlitecreeper

morning raiders well its only early just got in from what was the worst 24hrs on the water weve had in a while.my mate and i entered the comp we set out 2.00am sat morn for the haul to the river with one thing in mind catch a big jew and get home early so we set out trying our spot on the first tide with no luck so we moved to our next spot for the run out things looked good from the start with no wind blowing the first hour and no rain yet...as the tide moved on the pickers were out but no eels thank god...had several good runs but they were droppn baits finally the last bit of the tide came about and glens line took off like a rocket it just kept peeling drags were being screwed up tighter with no effect on the fish finally he rested allowing line to be wound on 100mtrs out hes done it all again this time swimming into another line a good fight was on finally the fish was worn out he swam to the side of the boat thrashing about and was gaffed the boat errupted with ye ha!!!! you wouldnt think with all the weather hitting like it was their was a chance of fishing for the rest of the nite but we tried in hope of another no luck...though so we headed home this morning to take the fish to the comp we weighed it on our salter scales and it was 26kg not gutted well take it to the comp and have it weighed rite il post pics to nite hopefully with a prize....enjoy ur day raiders as me and my mate will certainly enjoy ours....with lond cold beeeeeeeeeer,,,,,,,,

Guest hottuna
morning raiders well its only early just got in from what was the worst 24hrs on the water weve had in a while.my mate and i entered the comp we set out 2.00am sat morn for the haul to the river with one thing in mind catch a big jew and get home early so we set out trying our spot on the first tide with no luck so we moved to our next spot for the run out  things looked good from the start with no wind blowing the first hour and no rain yet...as the tide moved on the pickers were out but no eels thank god...had several good runs but they were droppn baits finally the last bit of the tide came about and glens line took off like a rocket it just kept peeling drags were being screwed up tighter with no effect on the fish finally he rested allowing line to be wound on 100mtrs out hes done it all again this time swimming into another line a good fight was on finally the fish was worn out he swam to the side of the boat thrashing about and was gaffed the boat errupted with ye ha!!!! you wouldnt think with all the weather hitting like it was their was a chance of fishing for the rest of the nite but we tried in hope of another no luck...though so we headed home this morning to take the fish to the comp we weighed it on our salter scales and it was 26kg not gutted well take it to the comp and have it weighed rite il post pics to nite hopefully with a prize....enjoy ur day raiders as me and my mate will certainly enjoy ours....with lond cold beeeeeeeeeer,,,,,,,,

Good stuff Boys, just what we need to hear! Bring them on...

dan

71403[/snapback]

Guest bluecod
...il post pics to nite hopefully with a prize....enjoy ur day raiders as me and my mate will certainly enjoy ours....with lond cold beeeeeeeeeer,,,,,,,,

71403[/snapback]

Top effort moonlite, but we've waited long enough - post them up mate :1prop: