reel for nitro vapor

daniel ogden

Hey guys, so i am getting a nitro vapor 6'6 rod for chasing bream mainly on plastics but a few hard bodies every now and then. Was wondering what reel would suit best. I am thinking a 1000 daiwa certate 2016 model or a 2004 daiwa luvius. I have heard they are tip heavy so maybe the extra weight of the certate to balance. What would you choose and if anyone has this rod what do you pair it with and how do you rate the rod.

Thanks in advance for any replies, Daniel.

Hey mate, I've flicked these rods a bit and you're right on wanting a little more weight, the nitro stable tend to be tip heavy in general. I've got the 2004 certate and a 2004 luvi and the certate feels better on it weight wise. 1003 might be a little small but not out of the ballpark :) very ballsy rods too you'll have no trouble ripping some bream in on it.

Cheers mate very helpful reply. The 2004 16 certate weighs 230g would this be better then the 1003 which weighs 205 do you think. Thanks again for the reply.

Down to personal choice at the end mate, I prefer a rod to feel lighter in the tip so I'd go the heavier reel for em. Also I like the versatility a 2004 gives, just that bit more power and size. Certates are stunning little reels can't go wrong really haha.

Once again thanks for the reply. The versatility would be good so i am looking at the 2004. The combo would still only weigh 305g in total which is still lovely and light and able to flick lightly weighted plastics and hard bodies but strong enough to pull out bream and bass from their homes.