Culburra Beach Beach Fishing

UnderFisher

I'm spending the weekend at Culburra with the family for some quality time, but fortunately the fishing is very close so I can do both! Took my 4-year-old son to Greenwell Point wharf to make sure we caught a few tiddlers just using prawns and a float. But after landing 5 bream and a chopper tailor he said he was bored of catching little stuff and wanted something big! Up for the challenge, I took the whole family to the beach south of Penguin Head south of Culburra Beach (sorry not sure what it's called). The beach was dead calm which didn't look good, but bust ups everywhere which got me going. Ended up landing 2 tailor and 1 salmon on pilchards. I would have caught more but I kept on catching shovel nose sharks - 10 in total!!!! And removing the gang hooks was a bit tough without pliers (which I lost earlier at Greenwell point - thanks son!) had to call it quits as the kids were getting restless and hungry, but a good day nonetheless.

7916527999e47510e2764427b0374e36.jpg

213fd356ce1ad1080aa5cd750fc53a55.jpg

Chopper - safely released

85718fd6d2801d37729543a65e8d78f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Guest123456789

Great report and well done. I find if I use a single paternoster and get the pillie up off the sand I get less sharks, Ray's etc.