Sunday Salmon Session

Andy_from_the_CJ

G'day lads

a mate kindly invited me out yesterday for some Harbour fishing on his new boat.

A sleep-in after Carp Night saw us getting away a bit later than usual. We cleared Rose Bay about 9:00AM and headed down the Harbour. The wind was ferocious, and just one half-cab was moored up on the Sow and Pigs. On drawing level with South Head, we could see birds working off Old Man's Hat so we headed over there.

Terns, gulls, mutton birds and about half a dozen boats were working a smallish school. The wind was too strong for good casting (using tiny slugs) so we trolled across the leading edge with small skirted lures. This technique put a couple on the deck but we eventually decided to go round to our sneaky spot, which we knew would be protected from the sou' westerly by high cliffs. Arriving at the SS we found small patches of rolling greenbacks which responded well to tiny slugs fished off 4 kilo baitcasting outfits. Four were kept for mako bait. In the pic you can just see the tiny slug in front of one of the salmon, and also a couple of regurgitated fry, lying on the marine carpet. All in all a very enjoyable session. Best regards to all Raiders, Andrew

post-230-1128917340_thumb.jpg

post-230-1128917385_thumb.jpg

:wacko: Good stuff Andy.  I really should get the boat out before these things are gone

71565[/snapback]

Hopefully they'll hang around for quite a bit longer Pete. Will post a couple more pics if I can get past this problem:

----------------------------------------------------

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, k.alexander@optusnet.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

-----------------------------------------------

cheers, Andrew

I hope they turn up in numbers off Broken Bay as I can't wait to come accross them. Saw all fantastic posts from last year and I don't want to miss the fun this year.

Well deserved result for braving the winds when many may have chosen to stay home. Enjoyed the great pics also