George's River

jtp

Hi everyone.

Haven't posted in a while. I decided to change things up from my current objective of catching that 1metre kingfish after I lost a rod/reel recently. Went back to bread and butter species in the kayak in the george's river. I pretty much used the one soft plastic the whole morning, which was a wild prawn. Was supposed to launch at 530am but halfway to the ramp i forgot my sounder and battery pack. Launched at around 630am. Drifted in with the run-in tide and flicked at my usual drop-offs and the bream were on the bite today. Caught around 15 - 20 I stopped counting. Sizes ranged between 23 - 32cm. I kept 6 of the bigger specimens for the table. Had 2 flathead by-catch which were perfect table size and 2 small EPs. Finished fishing and home before the wind and rain.

Cheers,

post-11038-0-88340900-1461315868_thumb.jpg

post-11038-0-75520800-1461315921_thumb.jpg

post-11038-0-59025600-1461315960_thumb.jpg

where about on the georges river where you today^^ we were out at 5am this morning and fished at lilli pilli. got 4 trevelly, 2 king and 1 taylor. lefted at 9 due to heavy wind.

Hi mate. Was fishing around Lugarno. Thats a nice catch too. Any size on those kingies? Shame on the weather over this weekend. Would have liked to do some more fishing.

How good is the river fishing at the moment ? plastics in the Georges is so much fun.

Well done dude.

Regards Stewy

Thanks Stewy. It was actually the first time I've fished it in maybe the past 4-6months. Have been busy targeting kingies elsewhere. Its good to know I always have the george's river fall back to boost morale again haha.

The bream are really on in the Georges at the moment had a recent good land based session prawn style plastic, 1/8 jig head,2kg flouro straight through just cast down current and the tap-tap would come just about instantly better class fish would just hook themselves.

Edited by roostersone

Bream and Flatties would have to be the staple of eustary fishing on the east coast, ( lucky for me), as long as we all release the under size fish, and the big breeders, we will have good fishing for our grand kids to enjoy, and they are a lovely eating fish too.