Drone Fishing?

budzsta

I just saw this on FB!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-03/drone-fishing-video-featuring-school-of-hungry-tuna-goes-viral/7378870

I have a drone!! started to think about a pull away rig, I think I will hit the workshop some time on Sunday (the only day I actually get off :()

Does anyone know of places around here were Tuna school close enough to shore?

I might need to invest in some heavies gear!

Budz

I can't think of anywhere around Sydney where you would get fish like that consistently. I heard that the beaches off Port Stephens is possibly where they shot that footage. The only other place I can think of is the north end of Stockton beach but for sharks not tuna, I know they get a run of White Pointers off the beach there every year. They would be pretty easy to spot from a drone.

There was a segment on a current affair where guys used to paddle out past the breakers at Stockton on their surfboards and drop a mullet right out back then wait in their 4WDS for the hook-ups. But you know what if you could figure out a way to get the bait rig to release you could use the drone to fly the baits out instead of paddling out. You could use that anywhere, rock or beach fishing to get your bait way out further than you could ever cast.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Is it not illegal to deliberately target great whites????

To the best of my knowledge, YES it is.

However, dropping a large bait off a beach is not targeting them. This rules pertains to enticing a sighted great white from my understanding.

This footage was shot at Fingal Beach several weeks ago. What they're not telling you is the number drones that were lost to the depths until they found a brand of rubber band that would break when the fish takes the bait.