Wind Finally Eases 11.10.05

clutch

Was expecting a landbased fish today as the forecast was for 25 knot NWers, however it was calm when I stuck my head outside :thumbup: ..so I went for it.

Put my foot in the boat at 8:15 am and headed for the usual

As you can see I took the camera with me this time :biggrin2: . Hey dacobra look at the tinny go!!

I talked to a mate yesterday who said that the fish were there but after 15 minutes I thought maybe it wasnt gonna happen ..........then bang

Sure enough there were plenty of them and I could have stayed there for ages. A band of rain came through and I got soaked but I didnt care. JD if your'e here at the end of the month we'll get into em :thumbup:

In fact I saved a real stonker for you that spit the hook on the way up that was pulling line off that new TLD. It was the christening of the little guy and was a treat to fish with

I ended up with 7 snapper that I kept ( threw a couple back ) and coz I was wet and gonna have to carve up new bait i headed for home. Foot hit the sand at 10:15am........so that was a pretty good 2 hours. I hope thats an indication of the season ahead :thumbup:

Now, how can I convince the boss that I need to go back to Smales Farm?

Dave, I go past there every day :biggrin2:

Spanker.............. Cheers Mate I actually bought a couple of fillets home with me which is unusual as I am yet to taste it :wacko: ...may give it a go although bought it home for the :wife:

I go out to feed the family and friends........ but equally because I just love being out there :thumbup:

I think that being a kiwi he deserves to be banned GREAT CATCH LOVE TO SEE THE PLACE ONE DAY

Nice catch....where were you fishing out of...Botany?, Pittwater?, Sydney? etc, no need for exact location just interested in the water way.

Thanks

Dan

Nice catch....where were you fishing out of...Botany?, Pittwater?, Sydney? etc, no need for exact location just interested in the water way.

Thanks

Dan

Bit far Dan!

Clutch is a KIWI member of Fishraider. :thumbup: He is in NZ mate.

Newly married and fishing so soon!!!!!!!!!! Just zip outside for an hour or two and come back with a catch like that of snapper.......... you have a good life Clutch. Now just humor us and admit its beginners luck.

At least we can take some comfort in the thought that just like us you do get windy days in New Zealand and that may be where the similarity ends, it just not fair!!!!!!!!!

Hows the migrant policy going, is New Zealand taking any Australians yet? Please!

Great catch and leave some for me so I can vist and go for a fish one day with you. :thumbup::1fishing1:

Mate I enjoyed the report and the pics. You gotta smile but, its a nice pay back for all the Kiwi jokes of recent. One all the ball is now in our court.

Cheers and good fishing

What model Suzi is on the back?

I have a DT25 on my tinnie and I just can't fault it. Great little motors. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky

Hooky thats only a 5 horse and gets me up on the plane!...........by myself :biggrin2:

Not sure of the model but I'll check. She never skips a beat. I'm meticulous about flushing and cleaning her, but other than that all I do is mix the fuel. ............A tank usually lasts a season but I'm planning on getting out more so may use 2 :biggrin2:

Capt.Pug..........East Bondi .......... :074::074: ....Indeed!

Martin...... Anytime you want mate!

Crazedfisherdude and Big Steve........dont want to ruffle any feathers here :unsure: but do you remember my "Kahawai on the Kaipara post" where I caught 4 of them and took em back to my Uncles for smoking..........well he only smoked 2 and threw the other 2 in the freezer.

........the spoils of this trip were courtesy of one of those frozen Kahawai....(salmon).