How's Forster Fishing?

Adsy91

Hi everyone,

So work is sending me to Forster (mid north coast) to do so primary weed removal next week on Miles Island and they have put us in a lovely Cabin right near the breakwall. I will only be working 7 hour days which means plenty of fishing time and we will be bringing the kayaks to access the island so I have a question for anyone near-by.

How is it fishing up there?! I can probably fit maybe 2 set ups and thinking one bream combo one 3000 spinning 9ft combo for the breakwall. I am not sure what fires at this time of year up there and would very much appreciate any input.

Cheers in advance!

Ads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bream around the oyster leases is generally a good guess. Flatty in the channel or around the sand island, and there is usually some trumpeter whiting around, which have no size limit but a bag limit of 20, a few of those make good finger food when filleted or nice fish cocktails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dan88j

Hi adsy91, hit the leases for bream with plastics and the wall for Jew, tuncurry side of the bridge next to the bridge there is a hole where you can get Yakkas from on the run out tide and off the main point is prime position, it creates a big eddy there. Hour either side of the tide hi/low for most species. Remember low tide on the wall has a three hour delay. A few Jew have been caught recently, just look for the scales. Flatties in Breckenridge channel as well as blackfish.

Bream around the oyster leases is generally a good guess. Flatty in the channel or around the sand island, and there is usually some trumpeter whiting around, which have no size limit but a bag limit of 20, a few of those make good finger food when filleted or nice fish cocktails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan, appreciate the advice!

Hi adsy91, hit the leases for bream with plastics and the wall for Jew, tuncurry side of the bridge next to the bridge there is a hole where you can get Yakkas from on the run out tide and off the main point is prime position, it creates a big eddy there. Hour either side of the tide hi/low for most species. Remember low tide on the wall has a three hour delay. A few Jew have been caught recently, just look for the scales. Flatties in Breckenridge channel as well as blackfish.

Awesome! That's what I like to hear, might have to upgrade to a 4000 and target some jews.

Thanks for the fast replies!

With the onset of the cooler weather the flatties have slowed down in the lake. Smaller ones still hitting SP, but the big girls may still be found in the rivers. If going off shore the following may be useful.

Schnapper Rock 32.01.750 152.36.050

Blackhead 1 32.05.200 152.37.800

5 Mile 32.04.240 152.39.710

Elsies 32.05.010 152.39.900

Blackhead Reefs 32.05.890 152.33.240

DJ's 32.06.270 152.38.020

The Barge 32.09.380 152.32.280

The Tanks 32.10.750 152.31.310

Latitude Rock 32.12.600 152.34.200

The Pinnacle 32.13.770 152.36.000

Thanks for the info everyone, no chance of offshore, I get incredibly sea sick (cant get out of bed for 2-3 days if its over 1m swell =/.. not to mention I only have a kayak and 2 smaller rods plus I am working all week.

I saw some huge bream around miles island today while I was clearing land so might go for a few of those and try for a jew off the breakwall on the Tuncurry side in the big eddy there. Will post anything worth mentioning.

Cheers