Syd Harbour solo

jeffb5.8

I hit the Harbour this morning after getting the kids sporting and my chores done on Saturday.

Set the boat up last night and went to hook the ute up when I realised some dirt bag had stolen both the new D Shackles off the tow bar.

Took one D Shackle of the wife's car and away I went, stopped for fuel when i remembered I left the fish finder at home, did a u turn went back grab it and away I went again.

Launch was text book and away I went, no kids this time I just wanted to have a fish and a play with my sounder and suss out some different spots.

Was a great day out and I managed my first fish using Soft Plastics. ( good teacher Ben and use of my Fish Raider Prize Atomic wriggler)

8550eecaae816fc52e547396bcb1f5c0.jpg

Ok so it wasn't massive.

I also had some baits out and I managed this decent bream

cfd01c6ec5266f988c1416fae6d59097.jpg

And then when packing up to head home I found this attached to my other line.

0dc88ca85e6408df5c2548e6f70859c2.jpg

All in all a great day out, getting more use to the new boat (Handling and layout)

Fish were all released to live another day, much to my daughters disgust as she love fresh flathead fillets.

Edited by jeffb5.8

Yeah have to get me a few more types, such as the Zman motor oil ones. Once I have a few keepers under my belt I want to have a crack at micro jigging.

Edited by jeffb5.8

I have tried and tried and tried with soft plastics and Nothing. I guess that one day my luck will change :-)

I hear a lot of people say that!

It's just like bait fishing, the wrong bait or rig at the right place and you will probably end up with zilch!

Wrong plastic size, colour or action and you will get the same result.

Keep trying and I am sure it will all fall into place and you will be landing heaps.

Jeff