Salmon as Jewfish bait

Fishwithme

Caught jew with salmon baits before so no problems there.

I slab bait a fillet. I cut it into 3 or 4 pieces depending on the size of the salmon.

Any fish that is fresh will work off the beach, dont let people tell you otherwise.

Jew can be caught on trevally, dart, whiting, blackfish, sand crabs and tailor just to name a few. Basically if it swims around the beaches or beach headlands its good for bait as long as its fresh.

Now, Jew certainly have their preferences but if i had any of the above species as freshly caught bait (that is, i caught it that afternoon on the beach and will stay on fora jew session) i certainly would not be packing up and would be giving it a shot!

Gotta be in it to win it.

It will take a while but the big bait will eventually get eaten.

Now that would be a big bait for a big jew

A Jew would have a hard time trying to catch such a big salmon, salmon are very fast

Caught jew with salmon baits before so no problems there.

I slab bait a fillet. I cut it into 3 or 4 pieces depending on the size of the salmon.

Any fish that is fresh will work off the beach, dont let people tell you otherwise.

Jew can be caught on trevally, dart, whiting, blackfish, sand crabs and tailor just to name a few. Basically if it swims around the beaches or beach headlands its good for bait as long as its fresh.

Now, Jew certainly have their preferences but if i had any of the above species as freshly caught bait (that is, i caught it that afternoon on the beach and will stay on fora jew session) i certainly would not be packing up and would be giving it a shot!

Thanks mate

I'll be sure to give it a try next time I get out

I'll find it to hard to use a whiting as bait cause they taste too good

But I'll be sure to try tailor and salmon fillets

Now that would be a big bait for a big jew

A Jew would have a hard time trying to catch such a big salmon, salmon are very fast

No it wont. just rig it on a short 30 to 45cm leader and a 50lb Jewie will swallow it like a Jelly bean

I always liked to have 1 bigbait straight under the boat.

As for 60cm live anything it's logistically pretty difficult, you really have to be lucky enough to catch one on site near the tide change.

Other more realistic options are a 40-60cm tailor or mullet.xxl yakkas or slimies. Salmon will do. I generally butterflied these which will shorten them up a bit and make them smell more.

Hopefully this will attract the fish towards your other baits rather than another boat nearby.

After many many bigbaits I've had one eaten. But you can't expect to catch a BIG jewie every trip or 10.