I think I stink

Ryder

After a couple of weeks of no fishing, and a couple of weeks fishing for no fish, this long weekend was a welcome drought breaker.

With our success on Saturday and Sunday, Trevor and I decided it was worth another go this holiday Monday.

I got the first down, had the fish on, only to pull the hook. That was the start.

Trevor put 3 in the bag before I pulled the hooks another.

Admittedly the fish were a bit touchy, not many distinct downs, but I wasn't doing well. I had that feeling like I was going to donut.

We got a few under size, then finally I got a keeper, 27cm in the bag.

Trevor kept adding to the bag with decent fat fish and I kept pulling hooks.

At one stage he said 'You must have pulled the hook on 6 fish' then POP, make that 7, then 8.

A wind knot appeared in my leader, I thought 'Stuff it' , next down I busted off right on the knot.

I did finally straighten myself out and start getting a few, by then Trevor had his bag limit so we called it.

15 in the bag all released to fight another day.

Maybe I will do better next week with my new rod. Haha

post-33162-0-19487000-1465802695_thumb.jpgpost-33162-0-71797300-1465802714_thumb.jpg

Guest hawkesbass

Cheer up mate.

It was just good too spend time with a mate with the usual banter and laughter thrown in.

Im due for a few lean sessions myself i think.

Cheers guys.

My foul ups make it more entertaining. Haha

I have to pass up the braid and go back to mono and learn to cast.

That Nitlon you recommend Steve, seems worth a try.

Big Neil, the new rod is a vintage Hank Newman. It looks to me late 70s Snyder blank.

I have to take it to the Boss for authentication.

Yeah I used to pull hooks with braid. Nitlon top float. Hard to get. I'll ask around. Shops that sell to fly fishermen sometimes have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens a lot.. Drifted round stanwell on Monday for zip

I saw you. Recognize the boat from the pics. You went in quite close to the bridge while I went looking further out. Same result as you. I got a bunch of Slimies off Bellambi but was a very very slow day.