My best Mate has issues

JohnDory

Hoping out there in Fishraider land there is a person with the skills/knowledge to explain the behavior of my besty Bensley.

Bensley is a Toy Poodle, has A.D.D. is the best door bell and my best mate. He has good bad attitude and as cute as a button.

This is my dilemma that is a real giggle.

When he receives a treat like a bit of dried Roo Hide or a Smacko he goes ape shit running around the house to find toys with the chew in mouth, mainly his rubber chickens (his favorites) then doesn't eat the treat just whimpers as he does high speed laps of the house.

The pic below has him with his treat and 2 rubber chickens.

With out a doubt he is happy but doesn't eat his treat. Worst case has been about an hour before he actually chews his BLOODY treat!

My question is whats going on in his little mind?

JD

post-24126-0-54978700-1465983957_thumb.jpg

Very interesting... my partner is a vet nurse, as is my sister so I will see what their thoughts are about this and get back to you. I'm puzzled haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers M8

My only guess is that he is having a anxiety attack, not knowing where to bury his new food that he cant swallow immediately.

He does jump on our lounges and his beds and does a bit of a digging motion during his performance.

He is big and brave at about 300mm high then turns too jelly with a new chew! LOL.

Edited by Johndory

Steve

Mark my words That could only be worse!

He is my besty as I said but, with his performance it is just eat the F#@ing thing and dosnt do it.

Some days he does eat it straight away! Go figure

JD

Edited by Johndory

What is happening is when he was a puppy you trained him to do things, when he done something right you would give him a treat, he learnt that every time he

done what you wanted him to do he would get a treat, you would play with him and give him lots of cuddles and pats when he done what was expeted.

Now he doesn't get the same amount of attenting as he once did just prior to getting that all important treat, He just gets the treat. He is showing you that he wants to play and have cuddles before he eats the treat.

Frank

What is happening is when he was a puppy you trained him to do things, when he done something right you would give him a treat, he learnt that every time he

done what you wanted him to do he would get a treat, you would play with him and give him lots of cuddles and pats when he done what was expeted.

Now he doesn't get the same amount of attenting as he once did just prior to getting that all important treat, He just gets the treat. He is showing you that he wants to play and have cuddles before he eats the treat.

Frank

No I don't think so Frank

He gets a lot of attention in our house hold and he is VERY happy during his performance.

There are so many lines I could use right now but I won't. Lol

He's probably imitating you when you can't go fishing! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I think Scratchie has it.

I have been caught in photos with that look on my face doing a Stewie (Fishing Rod between my teeth). LOL

post-24126-0-05885000-1466049640_thumb.jpg

No I don't think so Frank

He gets a lot of attention in our house hold and he is VERY happy during his performance.

I think Scratchie has it.

I have been caught in photos with that look on my face doing a Stewie (Fishing Rod between my teeth). LOL

Are you subtly flipping the bird in that photo??

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Decided not to take my 50kg Ridge back. Too much hassle when I'm gonna be catching all them fish.

I believe JD has only got a little one!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

He has a little dog too! Them brown bottles don't count as fish either! :)

Family frendly web site here!

I reserve my right of reply for about 2 weeks on the Hawkesbury River.

Na don't need to reply, you know what it would be like. LMAO

And that bird??? I was fishing with Stewie. SO??

Do clear bottles count I drink Carlton Dry

JD

Edited by Johndory

Our dog runs around like that. sounds exactly the same but not with the treat. She is playing when she does it. Maybe he is just so happy and wants to play with his treats and that's why.

Cheers

Tara

Let's face it he is a toy poodle.

My little Brandy (she passed away earlier this year) was very hyper. post-1141-0-26769100-1466151133_thumb.jpeg

She too would sometimes carry on like that.

I think they just can't contain their excitement when given something they love.

They don't really want to eat it.

If you take him on the houseboat I would love to meet him. I'll be on the mothership.

Enjoy the fun and laughs you have with him.

Lyn