Black Drummer

fishythings

Hi Raiders,

It has been quite a long time since my last post despite reading this favorite website almost everyday.

This afternoon I went to my favorite spot in Eastern Suburb targeting Black Drummer.

There were 3 couples of Japanese fisho when I arrived at 2.10pm; today high tide was 5pm. They were targeting Blackfish and Trevally on white bread, as after the storm a lot of big Trevally got caught at the spot, I got 11 Trevally on bread 2 days ago.

This afternoon I got 2 Black Drummers (46 and 44cm) on squid and other 3 hook up but got snapped on leader.

It was unforgettable moment to me, as usual the pigs were fighting fiercely.

Cheers,

Andy

post-8176-0-45997400-1465986112_thumb.jpg

With the recent huge seas most of the weed/bait for the blackfish has been washed into the sea and bait is hard to find, the fish have been gorging themselves for the past week and you done well to catch those drummer.

Frank

With the recent huge seas most of the weed/bait for the blackfish has been washed into the sea and bait is hard to find, the fish have been gorging themselves for the past week and you done well to catch those drummer.

Frank

Thanks Frank, but it looked too easy yesterday afternoon as within one and half hour I got 5 hooks up but the last 3 got snapped leader which might have been of bigger size ones.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Raiders,

This morning I went again to my favourite spot in Eastern Suburb, which is only 8 minutes drive from my place and got two smaller specimens which are better on plates. All are taken on cheap white bread.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Andy

post-8176-0-71558800-1466669548_thumb.jpg