Back on the water

W4z

Hey fellas,

Got out on the kayak on Monday afternoon, first time fishing in almost 3 months. It's been a long few months I can tell you that.

Hit the georges river for the first time and targeted bream, casting around pontoons and structure along the edges in about .3m - 1m. Water was still pretty murky, but not as bad as straight after the storms. Picked up a 25cm bream from under some mangroves and was pretty happy just to catch my target. Got a lot more hits after finding a few mangroves, the pontoons had been quiet. Couldn't get the hooks to stick though.

Worked my way back to man made structures and more flowing water and hooked a solid bream. Felt good to get a nice bream on plastics, a first from the kayak for me. He went 32cm

53393a98a0f174e964a0fa19d09d2da5.jpg

After that I wanted to try a flathead spot I had been told about and, what do you know, it was a good tip. Picked up a 39cm flattie. No more hits after that so I made my way back in the cold as the sun went over the horizon.

It was so relaxing to be on the water again. Sorry no pics of the smaller fish as I don't like to risk getting my phone out unless I'm excited about a fish haha.

Cheers

Waz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice waz! The water looks pretty still in that photo! Always great to land a target species! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks mate. Yeah the wind died off and it became a. Beautiful afternoon