Cowan Creek

Anthony S

Fished Cowan Creek yesterday afternoon with my 7 year old. Had a ball catching Tailor and Salmon. Son showed dad up with the bigggest Salmon of the day, over 70cm. the fight lasted around 10min with the Salmon jumping then going deep.

Son kept his cool fighting the fish like a pro.

Total Caught

10 Tailor all around the 35cm mark

2 Salmon

All caught on Hardbodies and Soft Plastics

Plenty of baitfish in the creek at the moment resulting and plenty of boil ups.

post-19447-0-20488200-1466295202_thumb.jpg

nice catch mate! where do u live? i find it hard to get to cowan creek from belmore. any short cut or boat ramp to launch there?

There is a boat ramp at Apple Tree Bay, in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.

nice catch mate! where do u live? i find it hard to get to cowan creek from belmore. any short cut or boat ramp to launch there?

Due to the terrain you really need a boat. In saying that there are some areas near Apple Tree Bay that can be fished land based.

Man i've never had any luck at apple tree bay, would you use pilchards on a gang hook for salmon there? or in cubes?. The only fish ive caught at apple tree bay are bream and undersized :i

Man i've never had any luck at apple tree bay, would you use pilchards on a gang hook for salmon there? or in cubes?. The only fish ive caught at apple tree bay are bream and undersized :i

We catch a few big salmon and we use a triple on a pilchard that floats about 5 metres down. We use a sinker to keep it in position with a leader that is about 40 cms long.