A Few Pics

Guest madsmc

Hey Raiders

Found a few old fishing pics floating around on my PC the other night, so I thought I'd post them. Everyone likes to look at pics :biggrin2:

The river at Paterson. This is my usual carp fishing spot, very relaxing to sit there and have a few :beersmile: while waiting for the swamp trout to show up.

A mid size carp from one of the lagoons near the main river. During heavy rain periods the whole area floods so the carp are "moved" around between the main river and the goons. The first time we fished this goon we got around 10 carp each from memory. Those were the days. :thumbup: We haven't been able to get permission to go back onto the property to fish to goon since, so we're stuck with the river.

Shane

:1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Heckendorf

Apparently no one is allowed to go back because a crew of guys fished the main lagoon and didn't clean up after themselves. From what we heard they left a lot of plastic, bottles, and also left the carp they caught laying around as well. We used to take hession bags to clean everything up and lob it in the boot. It's not hard.

A good example of why it's important to take your junk with you when you leave I guess. It's a real shame because I loved fishing that lagoon.

The sad thing is that I see the same sort of crap happening at my favourite land based spots around Newcastle. Hopefully the people responsible will wake up to themselves before the Council say enough is enough and ban fishing from those areas.

Shane

:1fishing1:

thats a real shame about the rubbish left behind being the reason to stop people from fishing, its something that really gets me fired up. We have the same problem up hehre at Wentworth Falls Lake in the blue mountains.Some local idiots think the lake is a good place to smash all their beer bottles and leave all sorts of crap lying around. We can only hope they grow up a bit and realise that if it continues the local council will have no choice but too punish all users of the lake by shutting down the fishing. :1badmood: