Wollongong tailor/salmon/bonito

daniel ogden

Hey guys sorry for late notice but heading down tomorrow and wondering if any of the above mentioned fish are about. Was thinking about using metals off the break walls but anywhere else in walking distance would be fine. Any tips about where or what to use or any other fish about in the area would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys.

Fish the area often, but with uni exams just gone i haven't fished in over a month :(

Id say you'll find your salmon and tailor of the beaches and the port kembla (PKH) breakwall, with the tailor more prevalent in the twilight/night. Metals are always an option, by off PKH its hard to beat a livie. There's a few spots you can pick them up.

Can't say for sure, but i think it's safe to say the bonnies won't be around anymore. Might, MIGHT, be an odd king around. Avoid wollongong harbor, it's not worth fishing unless you're there for squid

Goodluck

Seriously? We can't get a break. If the swell is 2m or more then i deffinately recommend not going, however they do close the breakwall in such conditions anyway.

It's hard to find i spot down south when the swell is up. Your limited to inside pkh (not off the beakwall) and the lake really :/

No idea. Just Google map it, pkh is the big f***er by the steel works. Wollongong harbor is North of it and much smaller

Found it mate. Wow. What a big area to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bitch to fish landbased, it's a whole lot bigger in person. But if you can find a spot it does fish well at times. It's a bugger conditions won't let you fish the wall.

You can get to a point up the back of it though and fish. People talk of catching nice fish there but ive not had much luck at that spot, though id like to try again

well the forecast happened to be completely wrong and the swell ended up being just over a meter id say. Started with flicking metals off the rocks for no luck then moved to throwing some prawns off the breakwall and found a nice school of trevally. I ended up with 5 with the biggest going about 35, my mate also got 5. I also caught what looked like little drummer, i caught 5 of these. And also a wrasse and a little yellowtail. Nice mixed bag and a nice day out, geez those trevally go hard on the 3-5kg gear.