Pretty Bad Charter

Nuttynatty

Gday all

Just thought I'd share a bit about a charter I went on last week.

Jumped on charter last Sunday with a couple of mates after it was cancelled a few weeks ago due to the huge ECL week, the forecast wasn't great and we weren't filled with confidence anyway due to seas still being brown, when I asked the deckhand " how's the weather looking " he looked at me puzzled and replayed " I dunno I just lied to get this job ".

The bloke had no idea and this was proven when halfway out through to Sydney Heads we had to turn around to pick up 2 people from The Opera House steps they had forgot about.

Deckie and Captain never spoke to anyone except when the Deckie asked us " how do I cut up bait, I don't even know what this bait is "

What followed was 6 hours of wasted money.

20 people fishing deep sea and every drop was a mass of tangled lines, half the spools were only half full, the gear was rusted and terrible, the toilet water and sink water flowed into the floor of the toilet due to broken pipes, the bait was rotten, the service was terrible and after 6 hours deep sea fishing with 20 onboard fishing 4 flathead were raised and only 2 were legal.

So I guess the moto of the story is go with a tried and trusted local even if it costs a bit more.

I've done charters all over Oz and this was the absolute worst by along shot.