Paddys Channel today

TheCount

Had a free Saturday morning so jumped in at Woy Woy at about 6am, had a nice chat to a few other hopefuls at the ramp before heading left straight to the oyster leases.. Had a great time just being out there by myself and that also means no fish..

Disappointing start to the day, especially after buying a few toys yesterday - Daiwa Crossfire 2000 and a Daiwa Laguna II spin rod and a pack of big red suicide Mustads No.2..

My old faithful Sic Stik (1-3kg) with a broken tip and by memory 30 year old Cardinal Drag Master by Abu Garcia (6lb braid and 6lb leader) starts talking to me. Little spurts at first then nothing and thought I had the drag all wrong.. Picked it up any way and I felt that I had traction.. A few turns and a rip and I felt comfortable I had something hooked.. Whatever it was really didn't run much, just a few thumps so I thought flattie or tired bream... Boy was I surprised when this beast wanted to come home with me..

post-13997-0-10680100-1466854040_thumb.jpeg

36 or 37 at the fork and spot on 1kg and its my first silver trevally safely on ice. Nabbed with Coles frozen prawns (tail on) with a garlic overnight..

Dinner of fillets on the BBQ, bit of lemon and salt.. Lovely meaty flesh and a fed two easily..

TC.

post-13997-0-22191000-1466853939_thumb.jpeg