Sat 25th June - Patonga and Pittwater and Cowan Creek

fisho.sid

Hi Raiders

Went out on Sat late around 1pm for a 4 hr session, launched at apple tree bay, tide was high, the sun was out and it was a really nice clear day. Water wasnt looking bad either given previous weeks rain. Though i did see plenty of squid stains off the jetty.

First spot was a few marks in the middle of the channel outside cottage point cowan creek and dropped some big baits (bonito fillets). Marks were around the 20 meter mark in about 30 meters of water. Done this for a few drifts and yielded nothing. Was hoping for a big jew or something, maybe hairy?

Given the short timeframe i thought i'll target some flatties at patonga and a few beaches along the system. Anyways went to Patonga off the beach throwing SPs and old bonito fillets and resulted in nothing too

Also went to Pittwater system to target some green eyes along the bait grounds and west head area. Probably worked the area for about 30 mins before the sun went down and got nothing. Went over to the golf course at palmy and didnt get any there either.

For the first time in a long time, there was absolutely nothing seen on the boat.. not even squires. Wasnt too disappointed as it was very nice day still.

Was freaking cold though!

Werent many boats out there either.

Yeah I reckon it's happened.......Broken Bay and Pittwater just seem to 'switch off' like a light when Winter kicks in. Still some tailor and salmon around. People talk about John Dory hanging around wharves in Winter, but I've never been good enough to get one.

No.1 Tip - Never fish 4 days either side of the Full Moon as the tides have such a large movement it puts the fish off the bite...especially in the Hawkesbury..

Remember this when planning your next trip and you won't be disappointed!