Good Bin

recurve

Got a good bin launching at Bellambi today. Went earlier than sparrows fart as we had a plan and a theory we wanted to test. Very dark this morning as only a crescent moon to light our way. I Saw a lot of Whales yesterday on a cliff walk so we took it slow on way out to the mark. My Uncle lost his 40 foot yacht in the dark after hitting a whale. It happens. Did not take long to get set up to fish. Was a very smooth running trip.

After not long we were all on, we were very very busy rigging, de-tangling , checking, fighting, landing, netting etc. Hard work carrying on like that but great fun. In total we got 15 fish. 11 Snapper, 3 Slimies, 1 Samson Fish (my first). Then around 7.30am a huge Cuttlefish carcass went right past us (was too slow to grab it) and the run slowed down. I think it took all our Snapper with it. After a couple more Snapper we decided to chase Squid. We weren't that into it though and soon ended up back at the ramp before the late morning return crowd.

Very easy fishing today. Great low stress day with results. Love it!

I can confirm for everyone that Cuttlefish are popping. Lots of gorging Albatrosses today.

It has begun. :yahoo:

post-30623-0-96070600-1467523912_thumb.jpg