SYDNEY SILENCE

codymanly

Hey guys,

well... winter has arrived. I've three very disappointing land based sessions on Sydney's Northern Beaches over the last month and a bit. Admittedly, I've never had a crack at beach fishing, and I'm now beginning to realise I need to skill-up in that department if I want to keep my line tight in winter...

But wow, all my usual haunts have been well and truly dead of late.

That said, I've spent the down time attempting to perfect the art of squidding, and I got an absolute ripper feed the other night - two for the price of one! I got a decent sized arrowhead on my jig, closely followed by his mate, who thanks to some quick thinking from my buddy, also ended up in the net. Beer battered salt n pepper squid! Sorry, no photos but next time I'll make sure I take some.

Cheers raiders,

hope you're all having better luck than I am at the moment!

Codes.

Unlucky codie! At least you got out and had a go!

Farvos- the hawksebo can do that to you sometimes! It's either feast or famine there. Cowan creek is holding some good fish though!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers Scratchie!

yeah you've always gotta have a crack! makes me appreciate the warmer months even more. Until then, I'll happily keep hunting squid!

We were in cowan creek. Jerusalem bay, coal and candle creek, amrerica bay. tried them all for no hairtail. I saw last week there were alot caught at the social. I should have made the effort to get there

Hey guys,

well... winter has arrived. I've three very disappointing land based sessions on Sydney's Northern Beaches over the last month and a bit. Admittedly, I've never had a crack at beach fishing, and I'm now beginning to realise I need to skill-up in that department if I want to keep my line tight in winter...

But wow, all my usual haunts have been well and truly dead of late.

That said, I've spent the down time attempting to perfect the art of squidding, and I got an absolute ripper feed the other night - two for the price of one! I got a decent sized arrowhead on my jig, closely followed by his mate, who thanks to some quick thinking from my buddy, also ended up in the net. Beer battered salt n pepper squid! Sorry, no photos but next time I'll make sure I take some.

Cheers raiders,

hope you're all having better luck than I am at the moment!

Codes.

You really should get into Beach fishing

It isn't too complicated

Salmon, tailor and jewies are on the cards

Salmon will sure keep you busy till the weather warms up

We were in cowan creek. Jerusalem bay, coal and candle creek, amrerica bay. tried them all for no hairtail. I saw last week there were alot caught at the social. I should have made the effort to get there

I was at Jerusalem bay all of Saturday night as well and caught a couple hairtail

I am going to post a report shortly

• 4 weeks later...