Donut from the rocks

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Hi Raiders,

Headed off the rocks this morning first light. Just one guy squidding when I arrived.

Target species was trevally/bream and flathead. Now normally I use pilchards, but the local tackle store jacked up the price of 2kg pilchards from $10 to $15. Instead I had some frozen squid I caught a few months ago.

Bashed from the bottom and also floated it - zilch.

I noticed surface fish feeding a couple of hundred metres out and the gulls getting in on the action. Couldn't see what the baitfish were unfortunately. The optimist is me says they were tailor but the realist says stinking salmon!

I figure lets rig up a white soft plastic and target both the tailor and flathead. Spin it along the surface for the tailor and also hop it along the bottom for the lizards. Epic fail.

After 2 hours called it and left. The squid man left without anything as well I think(not sure).

The fish were around I think I just couldn't access them from my position. Oh well great morning anyway, warmest morning for a while and glad that bloody wind has subsided.

Thanks for reading. Hope you caught more than I this weekend. Have a great week!

Cheers,

Luke

Guest Guest123456789

Thanks Scratchie. Surf was pumping ESE about 4 footage clean offshore, probably should have taken the board out instead.

The metre plus Kings were on the chew waaaaayyy out.