Hairtail Cowan creek

sam bros

Hi raiders,

Went for my first trip to target the mystical hairtail. Launched at Apple tree bay at 4pm and off we went to find a spot to stay the night.

Was meant to stop at waratah bay but accidentally went past it, so we just decided to anchor up at Jerusalem bay

A couple boats there and we found a nice spot and anchored up for the night. Berleyed up and got baits out by 5pm. And now the waiting game begins.

You read about and hear about the strange way the hairtail bite and take the bait but it want until I actually started to get bites, that I understood what everyone meant. Around 7pm got my first hook up. But halway threw the fight it spat the hooks. I was gutted to say the least.

First encounter with the beast and it won. Next couple hours we got some bites but they weren't taking the bait. At 3am I hooked up to another one and finally brought it boatside, a quick lift of the leader and it was on the boat.

post-23037-0-45168400-1468489378_thumb.jpg

First hairtail caught and I was stoked. Half an hour later my brother caught another one which went 1.5 m

Woke up to an amazing sunrise

post-23037-0-79718900-1468489366_thumb.jpg

It was an amazing trip and the first overnight trip on the boat.

I can now say that we have caught the hairtail bug and will be going out again tonight.

Tight lines

Edited by sam bros

Nice work mate

That is a decent hairtail. Especially your first

The hairtail bug can be very addictive so be careful

Soon you'll be spending more time in Cowan than at home

Thanks mate

It is very addictive

I'm already itching for my next hit