Help at wallage lake for my wife's sake. Hahah

runsonbundy

Hello all.

This is the first time I've posted here. I need help. Taking kids and wife to wallage lake on the weekend. My wife loves fishing to the point she bought me a brand new boat. Now I haven't been able to put her on any good fish and would love to see her catch something good. Any help would be great... thanks.

Hey mate, as Dave said, check the tackle shop. But from my experiences there, it will probably be a bit quiet this time of the year. Having said that, I launch my boat at the ramp at Beauty Point (Beauty Point Road). Its a pretty good ramp, gravel, but very stable and also has a jetty. I don't have a 4x4 and its no hassle. Some spots that I have had success (but during warmer months i might add) are all the way around to the front of the lake (actually go under the road bridge) and even though its quite shallow, I have done well there particularly with Bream. Flatties can be caught throughout the lake, either drifting with bait or using plastics. I have done ok drifting back from near the bridge, back adjacent to the flats. But have also scored flatties on plastics around the edges of the lake and also up some of the many arms!

Good luck and if you are able to, let us know how you went!

Cheers

(another) Dave

Wallaga lake is a great place to fish. I've been there many times. As previously mentioned just drift around to find the fish. Use various baits and while drifting thrown some sp's around. In that system, I find different colors work on different days so don't be afraid to mix it up. If it's not happening, the bermi river can throw up some quality flatty! Good luck :)

Cheers scratchie!!!