Hairtail at Jerusalem Bay

harold

We ventured out to JB yesterday afternoon and fished for absolutely nothing. Our catch of the night was a 20 cm Tailor that we sent back to the water gods. Water was a bit dirty and we had zero pilchards (we only found out once we were anchored) so tried some mullet we had in the freezer.

Oh well there is always the next trip.

Hope you did better than us.

Edited by harold

Hi Guys,

I fished the Hawksbury few times for hairtail this season, But have only had 1 lucky night at Jerusalem Bay, Another place where I have been told they come through is flint and steel bay have not fished there as of yet.

Cheers

Ace

Hi harold

I was there saturday night as well, I got heaps of bites throughout the night but I only managed to land one

Hopefully you get some next time, just remember to bring the pillies

Sam, it was really dumb that we forgot them. Where were you? There were only a couple of boats there and 1 left during the night. There was also a boat in line with Pinta Bay.

Sam, it was really dumb that we forgot them. Where were you? There were only a couple of boats there and 1 left during the night. There was also a boat in line with Pinta Bay.

Yeah we were in the boat in line with pinta bay, we also got a 60 cm jew on squid

They are still around but very finiky, we missed so many hook ups

Didnt bring as many jackets as last time and I started to freeze around 4 am

Might be going out again this weekend so come say hi, if you see us,

We'll be more than happy to share the pillies if you forget them again, haha

Thanks Sam but i think if we forget them again we don't deserve any help at all. My son is still abusing me for that. We might go out as my wife and son have been nagging me given the Hairies are coming to an end.

When we left on Sunday morning i did wave to you 2 but you may not have noticed.

Actually, as i think about it, not bringing warm clothing is up there with not having bait!!!!!

Might see you out there. Our boat is called Eeyore.

Thanks Sam but i think if we forget them again we don't deserve any help at all. My son is still abusing me for that. We might go out as my wife and son have been nagging me given the Hairies are coming to an end.

When we left on Sunday morning i did wave to you 2 but you may not have noticed.

Actually, as i think about it, not bringing warm clothing is up there with not having bait!!!!!

Hi Harold,

When would the hairies end this year, Weird they started very early this year, I was usually catching them heaps around July and August.

Cheers

Ace

haha

Lesson learnt

Will bring my entire winter wardrobe next time

Edited by sam bros

Hi Harold,

When would the hairies end this year, Weird they started very early this year, I was usually catching them heaps around July and August.

Cheers

Ace

Ace, as soon as the water starts to warm up they go quiet. Last week it was 13.6 in JB so I reckon by the end of this month the water might be 15 or so and they may well be on the way out until next winter. Having said that I am no student of Hairtail and my wife tells me I am wrong all the time about everything on the planet so who knows!

haha.. Hopefully I am out Saturday night give it another shot before we pack up for the winter season

Cheers

Ace

Hi All

I was fishing Jerusalem last Saturday arvo from about 4 - 6pm and 2 medium hairies came over the side (with about 5-6 lost at the side of the boat, one of which was a monster). We left them biting at 6pm when we motored off. Saw at least one other caught in another boat (looked to be about 6 ft long) and a guide boat seemed to be cleaning up too based on all the hooting and hollering.

Not doing anything special, just pillies on gangs with a small glowstick 1 ft above the rig.

So they're around.

Hi All

I was fishing Jerusalem last Saturday arvo from about 4 - 6pm and 2 medium hairies came over the side (with about 5-6 lost at the side of the boat, one of which was a monster). We left them biting at 6pm when we motored off. Saw at least one other caught in another boat (looked to be about 6 ft long) and a guide boat seemed to be cleaning up too based on all the hooting and hollering.

Not doing anything special, just pillies on gangs with a small glowstick 1 ft above the rig.

So they're around.

Hi Mondo.

Good catch, Yeah they tend to spit the hooks and thats the crap thing, I usually let them take a little bit then pounce, Hopefully Ill be out Saturday night will be launching at the delabora marina in Akuna Bay.

Cheers

Ace