Need help finding serial numbers

Michael_xr8

Id say the plate with the serial number would be on the part where the outboard mounts to your transom.

on your photo there is a sticker on the bottom left that is usually where the plate is generally located.

if you dont mind, please take photos of both sides of the outboard and possibly one with the cover off.

generally the compliance plate is where that sticker is but could be on either side.

Regards,

Nathan

Ok, thats probably enough photos, the compliance plate must have been broken off at some stage.

if your certain its a 50Hp its going to be a 86 - 90 year model,

the reason I am certain of that is that its a 3 cylinder engine and going off the mercury / marina serial numbers they are the only years where they were a 3 cylinder, however if its a 60HP then its a whole different ball game, with any luck you may be able to get a book on the outboard that covers this and you should be in business

I have attached them below this maybe you might be lucky enough to find one of these numbers stamped somewhere on your motor.

Good Luck with it..

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-0-82319000-1470742683_thumb.jpg

Ok thanks mate any ideas where they would be on the motor? Are they stamped in like a cars engine block? And no I'm not sure it's a 50hp, did they do 40hp 3cyl? On the Licencing papers it says 59hp but could of been changed since then

that number 9549399 is the serial number it could be a 1989,

you may need to check with a dealer to be certain as that number is within a range of numbers.

Please let me know how you go as its bugging me big time, I will keep hunting around online till I get tired LOL

Regards,

Nathan