Sydney harbour

Reggae

Hi All,

Not sure how everyone is getting on, but based on the number of reports in Sydney harbour things are really quiet.. Thought I would share my experience over the last 2 weekends.

Live bait - have tried north harbour, balmoral island, and round building near little manly - no yakkas, no sweep, no squid. When using bread to attract them there is almost no life whatsoever.

Fishing - best success has been in North Harbour... Flathead and flounders (lots of small reds as well but undersize) Best drifting between the boats. Had more success during the mornings than at night using squid strips over pillies. Everything goes quiet after 9ish. No success at any markers in the harbour. Obelisk beach has plenty of pike for some unknown reason (catching on soft plastics). The spit is very dead. The only spot I have had any success other than north harbour was seaforth bluff for a few reds. Pickering point, sugar loaf bay, beauty point all very quiet.

Hope this helps you guys

Gday Reggae,

Mate I hear ya! I fish in those same spots myself, and I cannot believe how dead it is.

As much as I'd rather read reports of all you raiders catching your bag limits, it does kind of put my mind at ease that I'm not the only one with a completely slack line.

And I also agree re squid, very little action on that front too.

The secret to winter fishing in Sydney Harbour is burley, or targeting blackfish instead of the usual summer species.

Find a spot with structure and a moderate current flowing over it, position yourself 20 metres upstream, drop a frozen burley block in the water at your feet (or in your boat's burley bucket), then fish he burley trail.

Won't take long before the bream show up.

Good to hear you're catching a few Reggae even if they have been patchy.

The Manly Daily reported heaps of trevors around grotto pt this week - not sure how accurate this is? I've been having some fun with luderick but only when the swell is up and the water has had colour and movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk