Seagull Outboard

basic_fisho

Geez your turning back the clock their. A British Seagull ! Are you talking about the really old school ones ? If you are ...

I sort of remember the point gap at about 10 to 12 thou. The plug gap is small too, perhaps just square off the earth electrode on the plug and it should be close, maybe 20 thou.

Hopefully someone will have the right specs. :thumbup:

Hi Guys. Thanks for the advice. This is a very uptodate one,It has a built in clutch.I havent seen one like it before.I brought out from the U.K. 38 yrs.ago a seagull outboard,now that was very old.Tomorrow i will take a photo of this one, and post on boats, It will be good to see if anyone has any knowledge of it.If you get chance to look in the book Boppa,see if there is any ref. to the engine No.(WSC997FF9.) Thanks Grantm,and Fishn. Ben.(basic fisho).

Yeah thats how I remember them. How cool are they.

Ben I dont think im too far off with the spec, from memory the gaps are not ultra critical. Id be more inclined to ensure the points are clean. If there is any burning or build up sand them back with fine wet and dry paper and give them a final clean with a solvent or some fuel on a lint free rag. The plug gap wont be that big of a deal. They dont have a big spark so if the gap is too big it wont start, if its too small it will carbon up and missfire.

Hopefullt Boppa has a book anyway, but if he doesnt give that a go.

Love those engines :thumbup:

my dad used to have a british seagull on his 16ft silver gull iain outred sailing dinghy. it was 2 or 2.5hp he said, and i loved the little thing! :thumbup:

it slid the hull through the water and despite its high oil to fuel ratio (1:10!) it really kept in the traditional look of the yacht. its great to see one