Hawkesbury Jewfish

Tag117

Hey Raiders,

Headed out to a landbased spot in the Hawkesbury river friday night armed with fresh bottle squid in hopes of jewfish. Put the squid out straight away as we had plenty, and caught leather jackets while we waited for takes. First take resulted in a little soapie probably in the high 40s. Shortly after, Ben nailed a legal snapper going 33cm. As soon as the sun set, the jews started firing. We caught non stop soapies all between 30 and 50cm for the next few hours.

Had so much fun headed back out on saturday with my dad. We started fishing with plastics and he nailed a big tailor (40cm) pretty much straight away. We saw some big salmon rise momentarily in front of us and flicked lures at em to no avail. A couple of minutes before sunset i had my first hit on a plastic, a tiny little jew, smallest i've caught probably only 20cm. Although not much of a catch, always great to see the fish that'll be fueling our stories in a couple of years. Sunset hit and we pulled another 6 soapies and a legal bream before getting cold and calling it a night.

Not much in terms of quality jewfish but theres definitely fun to be had in the hawkesbury... Bring on summer!

Tag

post-32294-0-50467800-1471170113_thumb.jpg

post-32294-0-99536600-1471170115_thumb.jpg

post-32294-0-32931500-1471170119_thumb.jpg

post-32294-0-23597800-1471170122_thumb.jpg

That's a great write up Tag. Well done on all the fish. Just need one a little bigger..

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thanks! A m+ has been the dream for a while now, hopefully soon!

Edited by Tag117