Best conditions for beach fishing

Mr_clownface

I am relatively new to beach fishing and still learning how to read the weather conditions,

How much swell is too much for surf fishing?

When is the wind speed and direction good or bad for surf fishing

I always watch my weather app to help anticipate the conditions but am learning all the time[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't do it as much as i used to, but generally id say 1.5m swell, and 10kn winds are a comfortable maximum, buuutt you can push it as far as you dare. There's a point of stupidity though....

But as always depends on what youre fishing in terms of weight and your location. Swell is good to have imo, but too much leads to current and makes it difficult. You can always hide from swell if you find the right location. The less wind the more comfortable.

DON'T fish after a easterly blow and/or big seas, these conditions generally wash weed onto the beach and cause alot of pain. Really in the end is trial and error, and limited by your tolerance.

Don't do it as much as i used to, but generally id say 1.5m swell, and 10kn winds are a comfortable maximum, buuutt you can push it as far as you dare. There's a point of stupidity though....

But as always depends on what youre fishing in terms of weight and your location. Swell is good to have imo, but too much leads to current and makes it difficult. You can always hide from swell if you find the right location. The less wind the more comfortable.

DON'T fish after a easterly blow and/or big seas, these conditions generally wash weed onto the beach and cause alot of pain. Really in the end is trial and error, and limited by your tolerance.

Thanks for your advice,Im keen to learn from experienced fishos on here,should I go a heavier sinker when the swell is bigger,is there a general rule to follow?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shaun_burkesh

Then don't listen to me [emoji14]

Some people don't understand the advice they are being given.

Patience and the pashion to teach wins through.

Patience and the passion to learn catches more fish.

Keep sharing Krause.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

For catching fish I like it a bit wild with wet windy conditions ( within reason). Not saying we don't catch fish when it's clear and calm, it's just these conditions are tougher and the fish tend to be more cautious.

Jon

Cheers krause, I've also been wanting to know what conditions are best. I've had a few sessions at the point of stupidity you've described, where I just ended up packing up my kit and bailing.

Guest Guest123456789

I like warm, balmy weather and light winds, preferably offshore. I've kept a catch diary and I have done better during this sort of weather.

A bit of swell but still some good gutters. Can fish in cold and rough conditions but I find the bream and whiting shut down.