Has any one fished bermagui

warnie100

hi i am looking at going to bermi this november i will only be chasing the bottom variety but has anyone fished there at that time of year and what is it normally like ie seas , weather ect i know its a hard question but just in general as i only have a few days and dont want to waste them if possible regards warnie

Been a few years since I have fished there and even longer for bottom species. You have the 4 mile,6 mile and 12 mile reefs straight out the front. Montague Island to the north with several reefs in between and some good flathead at time just outside the entrance. To the south there are also several reef areas and you'll probably find co ordinates easy to find. The local tackle shop is always pretty helpful with what is currently biting and where. Weather like anywhere can be fair to frightening so dangerous to generalise this far out.

Things are going ok right now and should only get better. Those inshore reefs fish pretty good for snapper etc and there's normally a few gummy sharks too in around 30 m. Last year we were catching kings by November and a few rats have started showing up over the last week.

Weather wise is often ok too around that time but that can be impossible to prodict for sure. The guys at the tackle store are normally very helpful, keep a watch on their Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/fishbermi/

Jon

Things are going ok right now and should only get better. Those inshore reefs fish pretty good for snapper etc and there's normally a few gummy sharks too in around 30 m. Last year we were catching kings by November and a few rats have started showing up over the last week.

Weather wise is often ok too around that time but that can be impossible to prodict for sure. The guys at the tackle store are normally very helpful, keep a watch on their Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/fishbermi/

Jon

thanks jon much appreciated if you pm a number i will give you a call when im down yur way and maybe catch up for a face to face and a beer

Jon

thanks jon much appreciated if you pm a number i will give you a call when im down yur way and maybe catch up for a face to face and a beer

Been a few years since I have fished there and even longer for bottom species. You have the 4 mile,6 mile and 12 mile reefs straight out the front. Montague Island to the north with several reefs in between and some good flathead at time just outside the entrance. To the south there are also several reef areas and you'll probably find co ordinates easy to find. The local tackle shop is always pretty helpful with what is currently biting and where. Weather like anywhere can be fair to frightening so dangerous to generalise this far out.

thanks bottart appreciated looking forward to it