Batesman Bay suggestions

savit

Hi All,

I will stay at Batesman Bay one of the nights on long weekend and will have a few hours for night or morning land based fishing.

Last time, in summer, I caught and released several flatheads on lures close to the bridge.

So, not sure if I should fish again the bridge or try the break wall or may be something else.

What is better - bait or lures at the moment for some action there?

Also, can I reach snapper somewhere there land-based?

I can drive a bit if it is worth.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

savit

Drop into the complete angler in the bay, they should be able to put you right. The jetty by the bridge has been producing a few jews and the land based has been going well on some big snapper. Make sure you get a marine parks map as both the polic and fisheries are very active down here.

Jon

Drop into the complete angler in the bay, they should be able to put you right. The jetty by the bridge has been producing a few jews and the land based has been going well on some big snapper. Make sure you get a marine parks map as both the polic and fisheries are very active down here.

Jon

Thanks Jon, I downloaded the mentioned map. Hopefully compleat angler will be open late in the evening, otherwise I'll try the jetty this time if no other suggestions.

I was in the tackle store a couple of days ago but can't remember all the places the owner mentioned snapper were being caught but I'm sure some were around the Durras area. He mentioned places by there nick names as he thought I new where he meant, you could maybe give the store a call.

Jon

I was in the tackle store a couple of days ago but can't remember all the places the owner mentioned snapper were being caught but I'm sure some were around the Durras area. He mentioned places by there nick names as he thought I new where he meant, you could maybe give the store a call.

Jon

Thank you Jon for the suggestions.