Botany Bay Sun 2 Oct

brad_tate

Hi Raiders,

My wife and I headed out for our first trip of the warmer weather in the bay this morning and after a slightly mixed up start had a good day. We usually put in at Oatley bay but I hadn't been keeping an eye on the refurbishment progress and it was still closed when we got there, so we headed over to the ramp on the south side of Tom Uglys. Not a launch I usually use, but was impressed with the ramp and parking, but the jetty??? Too high, no cleats, so if Oatley is due a refurb, this one is well past needing one!

We picked up a couple of nice Duskys on the drift at Towra, a couple of Calamari and a Flounder off the runways and a nice Trevally at Molineaux Pt. Always fun watching the resident seals sun themselves there. All in all a lovely day on the bay and great conditions. Nothing wanted the smaller of my squid sent down as a livie, so both came home to be human food instead.

f4c14b07cd18331355661777b3c3b41e.jpg

51f5d7b6f8127c876ac199c682746a0f.jpg

6938370c9505dd974f5dd377f441656d.jpg

Tight lines everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Tastee

Hi Raiders,

My wife and I headed out for our first trip of the warmer weather in the bay this morning and after a slightly mixed up start had a good day. We usually put in at Oatley bay but I hadn't been keeping an eye on the refurbishment progress and it was still closed when we got there, so we headed over to the ramp on the south side of Tom Uglys. Not a launch I usually use, but was impressed with the ramp and parking, but the jetty??? Too high, no cleats, so if Oatley is due a refurb, this one is well past needing one!

We picked up a couple of nice Duskys on the drift at Towra, a couple of Calamari and a Flounder off the runways and a nice Trevally at Molineaux Pt. Always fun watching the resident seals sun themselves there. All in all a lovely day on the bay and great conditions. Nothing wanted the smaller of my squid sent down as a livie, so both came home to be human food instead.

f4c14b07cd18331355661777b3c3b41e.jpg

51f5d7b6f8127c876ac199c682746a0f.jpg

6938370c9505dd974f5dd377f441656d.jpg

Tight lines everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Mate,

I was out Sunday and did not catch anything worth keeping, Anchored at all the hot spots and drifted along the middle but nothing, Fished the FADS and colors outside but still not luck, Good to see you have caught a nice mixed bay

Cheers

Ace